Hey 👋🏾 there BCU Family!
Typically, you have the option of listening to our podcast, reading the notes or both. For this post, because of the conversational story, please tune into the podcast recording and refer to the written post for the highlights and corresponding Scriptures. We pray the post blesses and encourages you. If so, please thumbs up or leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the post!
- This is based on a Stewardship study series we’re doing on *Periscope, specifically time management/procrastination (meaning to forward to tomorrow), and the reasons for doing so. One such reason for procrastination: I don’t have time/I don’t feel like it.
- The Lord showed me how that very reason came up in an area of my life…I’m sharing it with you today in prayerful hope that we all make the necessary changes to eliminate this habit with God’s help.
- We talk through that illustration and the explore the possibility of consequences of procrastination when it comes to self-care.
- Time definition: chronos=measured time (when the concert starts; your plane takes off), and kairos time=”God’s time” (God’s windows of opportunity to be a blessing to someone or being blessed).
- We are accountable to God for all assignments, including caring for our temple.
- We have to discern the voice of God and YIELD to it in ALL areas–natural and spiritual.
- Feelings are not an accurate litmus test when it comes to deciding if we’re going to get the work of God done.
Here is the podcast link!
Therefore to him that knows to do good, and does not do it, to him, it is sin (James 4:17).
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. (I Corinthians 6:19-20).
I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments (Psalm 119:60).
He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord (Matthew 25:22-23).
BCU Family, many of us (women especially) neglect self-care, and if we procrastinate too long, the consequences can effect not only us, but our loved ones, friends and countless others to whom we had the task to minister to or serve. When we have to give an account for all we’ve done (see Matthew 25:14-30), what can we possibly say to God about procrastinating on sleep, eating correctly, taking our vitamins, meds, managing our stress levels, etc., to the point where we “didn’t feel like it” or didn’t have time?
We will be without excuse. God will reward every one according to his action or inaction (again, see Matthew 25:14-30).
When we look at it this way, it behooves us to get our accounts in order starting today, so we can hear the Lord say, “well done, thou good and faithful servant! You were faithful over a few things–you were faithful over keeping my commandments, you were faithful over serving others, you were faithful over taking care of your temple, till I called you home. I will make you ruler over many. Enter into the joy of the Lord.” Hallelujah! With the help of God, let’s keep those words in mind and they will help keep us off the road of procrastination. Amen? Amen!
What are your thoughts about procrastinating about taking care of yourself, BCUFam? Let’s continue the conversation in the comment section here on the BCU site!
As a reminder, I am answering YOUR questions the #BCU100th podcast coming up the week of Monday, October 23, 2017! Please post your questions on any of the BCU social media accounts (below) and stay tuned for your chance to win some BCU, Weight of Glory, Bubble Bistro or Simply She Boutique goodies!
In the meantime, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter , Instagram, and YouTube! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and iTunes!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!
*Join us on Periscope every Thursday night at 8:05pmEST on channel BlenCouragesU.