Hey there BCU Family!
Typically, you have the option of listening to our podcast, reading the notes or both. For this post, because of the informal format, please tune into the podcast recording and refer to the written post for the highlights. We pray the post blesses and encourages you. If so, please thumbs up AND leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the post!
- Wise people are defined as being discrete and judicious in the use or applications of knowledge.
- Fools are defined as being mentally inept; dull in understanding or stupid. (yikes).
- There are only two types of decisions: wise or foolish.
- We are all subject to making foolish decisions no matter what our age/experience level is.
- The willful, intentional, repeated practice of making foolish decisions is where trouble is.
- God set us up to be victorious in this life. That doesn’t mean we won’t have trouble or challenges, but if we are listening to His wisdom, we’ll come always be in His perfect will, hence, our decisions will be perfect.
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him (Proverbs 22:15).
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not to your own understanding. Acknowledge the Lord in all thy ways and He will direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).
The wise shall inherit glory [what is honorable and good], but shame shall be the promotion of fools (Proverbs 3:35).
For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the Lord, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail (Isaiah 32:6).
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed (Proverbs 13:20).
Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14).
A fool utters all his mind, but a wise man keeps it in till afterward (Proverbs 29:11).
Whew! BCU Fam, I have to admit, these Scriptures hit home quite a bit, but I’m grateful for it. Better to be corrected and obey now, rather than ignore and pay later. What are your thoughts? There is a comments section right here on the BlenCouragesU.com website just waiting for you to start our conversation!
Finally, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!