Hey there BCU Family!
You have the option of listening to our podcast (click the BCU avatar below to listen–you’ll get more conversation), reading the notes or BOTH. In any case, we pray the podcast blesses you. If so, please thumbs up or leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy your study!
So this post actually lands on my birthday (thank you, Jesus!) and I thought to do something a little different—give you a little insight into what Blen is about, in no particular order. Ready? Let’s go!
- I’ve been reading since I was 18 months old. Now, I am NO genius at all. God simply blessed me with amazing parents who instilled a love of the printed word at an early age. I still love to read–and have countless books in the house to prove it. 🙂
- I learned how to say the alphabet backwards in the 3rd grade (shout out to Patricia Dickerson). I can still recite it!
- Sometimes, I am a serial eater. I’ll eat a/particular food(s) for a period of time and then not eat it again for months. For example, I “discovered” asparagus and ate them almost every day for about 6 months straight. Then I quit them cold turkey–well, cold asparagus. I only eat them on occasion now. I’m working my way through my salad and cake phase. I do not see that stopping anytime soon. 🙂
- On the rare occasions I do eat chips, they must be the Wise Brand–golden original.
- I have not had a soda in years. Water/seltzer water is my go-to drink. Tea after that.
- I LOVE cars from the 70’s! Chevy Chevelles, Buick Electra 225’s (deuce and a quarter), Oldsmobile Regency…I could go on. Why? There is just something classic, and “let’s go to the drive-in, kids” about them (happy sigh).
- The first thing my dad taught me to cook was oatmeal. I STILL love it.
- Because I have a schedule to keep, when I have a day off/am on holiday, I like to MOVE SLOW. I do not like to rush to do anything, including eating. #SlowHurry is the order of the day.
- I have a deep affection for lip gloss. I may have about 5 of them in my handbag at any given time. It’s not confirmed why there are so many of them open–I just don’t like to be without them.
- Two of my favorite gospel songs are “He knows” (Walter Hawkins) and “More love to Thee”(John P. Kee). #Henry Nelson #EarlySavedDays
There you have it, BCU Family! So, did anything surprise you? Or did something on the list resonate with you? Let’s talk about it in the chat section below!
As a note, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!