Hey there BCU Family!
You have the option of listening to our podcast (click the BCU avatar below to listen–you’ll get more conversation), reading the notes or BOTH. In any case, we pray the podcast blesses you. If so, please thumbs up or leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the podcast!
So, with all the unrest and heavy sighing many of us have been doing, I thought I’d post a little something on the lighter side. Last year, I did a random BCU facts post, where you got to know more about me, so let’s dig in a little more!
- As hard as it is to believe, I am really very shy and introverted. As a youngster, it was a struggle for me to speak up in school and in front of crowds ESPECIALLY when I am unfamiliar with the people. (It’s different when I know the people, hence why I was talkative at home and in small familiar settings). And I still am very introverted and prefer in many situations to just be quiet. This is a testament to God being real in my life. It’s only Jesus–and the Holy Ghost down on the inside that allows me to teach, speak and minister in front of people.
- I LOVE bracelets. Silver ones, specifically, but there is something about those tinkling, sparkly round spheres that makes me happy! Once again, I think I owe this to Mrs. Patricia Dickerson, my third grade teacher.
- I have never seen “Star Wars” and have no interest in doing so. I don’t know why.
- Several years ago, a wonderful evangelist, Elder Leon Ellison, testified that he had been saved longer than he had been in the world. I remember thinking, “WOW, what a great testimony— I got saved at age 24, how many years do I have to go to share that testimony?” To the glory of God, in 2017, I was saved 25 years!
- I did a small stint as a gospel D.J. YES, indeed! When my daughter was little, the Lord blessed me to reorganize the Monday night gospel skate, and I was actually in the booth spinning the C.D.’s! Those were good times!
- As a child, some of my favorite foods were “Oodles of Noodles” (a.k.a. Ramen Noodles). My dad used to make them for us on Saturdays sometimes, and that was a big treat and even an affordable meal into my early adulthood. That love abruptly stopped when I was expecting my daughter–the smell of them made me extremely ill. Although my daughter is grown, to this day, just the thought of those noodles brings back the smell and invokes a bit of nausea. I want nothing to do with them. Ever.
- I have a thing for body and skin care that is organic and made with clean, simple materials. I have baskets of all sorts of jars, tubes, bottles and containers with all types of soaps, scrubs, lotions, shea butters and oils that work well and smell pretty yummy. I am open to try your favorites. 😀
- For those of you that know me, I LOVE old school television shows, and haven’t watched network television regularly in years– but on occasion, I do enjoy a little binging of Law and Order Criminal Intent (with Vincent D’onofrio). There is something about the psychological element of the crime that fascinates me. I also catch a little “This is Us.” (thanks, Jewel). 🙂
- There are certain gospel songs I’ll put on repeat for hours at a time for days at a time—especially if I am going through a rough patch, or if the song just ministers to me at the time. What are my current favorites? “He’s sweet I know” (Hezekiah Walker), “More than anything” and Jesus Will (Anita Wilson) and “I am God” (Donald Lawrence).
- Folding clothes is one my least favorite chores. I have a mind to live out of the clothes basket [Insert shrug].
- Bonus: I got married recently. I actually need to stop saying recently, because it’s almost been a year. I may need to share that story one of these posts. 😉
There you have it, BCU Family! So, did anything surprise you? Or did something on the list resonate with you? Let’s talk about it in the chat section below!
If you have not already subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter ,and Instagram!You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!