Hey 👋🏾 there BCU Family!
Typically, you have the option of listening to our podcast, reading the notes or both. For this post, because of the conversational story, please tune into the podcast recording and refer to the written post for the highlights and corresponding Scriptures. We pray the post blesses and encourages you. If so, please thumbs up AND leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the post!
Many of us just celebrated the triumphant resurrection of Jesus Christ–you know, the recitations (that’s what we called the “Easter” speeches back in my day), the songs, skits, plays and preached word proclaiming the victory now have because Jesus rose, just like He said He would.
What do we do now?
The reason I ask the question is because of those us who celebrate Jesus on appointed holidays, many of us we spend more time in preparing before and cleaning up after. Hence, we miss listening to and applying the message that God is trying to get across to us. Then we’re struggling and/or defeated until Pentecost Sunday, the next convention, revival or seminar as we look from a Word from God. But we’re so busy preparing, we miss the Word. See the cycle?
We’re not doing that anymore!
Let’s apply the Word of God on day 4 and beyond!
- While preparation is needful, if we’re not mindful, the prep can take our minds over so much so, we can miss out on hearing (see Romans 10:17), and applying the Word of God.
- When our spiritual bank is empty, we start to draw off the enemy’s account which is full of lies (John 8:44) and accusations (Revelation 12:10), and become paralyzed and overcome with fear, guilt and shame, thereby rendering us helpless in the work of God.
- Jesus reminds is what He did for us on the cross in the book of Colossians. Applying this word reminds us of how victorious we are LONG AFTER the celebrations are over.
10) And ye are complete in Him, [Christ] which is the head of all principality and power:
11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12) Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised Him from the dead.
13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
BCU Fam, lack of Word application can happen to anyone, myself included. As a matter of fact, my intention was to record this podcast earlier, but I could not seem to get it done. Why? The Lord had to take me through a test where I needed to apply His word over the lies of the enemy. Have you had this experience? How did you handle it? Please head down to the comments section to share your thoughts so we can continue our conversation!
In the meantime, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!