Room A203: Salad Pairings 101 [visual post]

Hey there BCU Family!

A while back I did a post on healthy eating, specifically salads–y’all know my 80/20 rule…eat healthy 80% of the time AND have cake for the other 20%!ūüėČ Seriously, we need to be on top of our health holistically–and as we take care of the spirit, we also need to take care of the body as best we can.

That said, since it’s summer, lighter fare is in order, right? ¬†Did you ever wonder how the restaurants come up with salads with the perfect combination of ingredients and flavors, but you can’t remember what all ¬†was in the salad? ME, TOO! ¬† Well, wonder no more! The wonderful Sherry¬†Chen of Personal Creations¬†(thank you, my friend) reached out to me with this wonderful visual on salad pairings—the struggle is over! Take a look, try those combination out and let Sherry or me how much you liked LOVED your salad!

 

Thanks for stopping by and God bless you!

 

 

Love,

#StayOnTheWall

 

Need some other cool ideas? Head over to Sherry’s site!

image

Room A203: Let’s talk salad hacks!

Hey BCU family,

I know it’s the dead of winter and salads are probably the last thing on your mind, plus one can get stuck in a rut eating the same type of salad (that would be me). ¬†I’ve got great news….your rut ends today!!! No need to thank me–this news comes courtesy of DailyInfographic.com,¬†Prevention magazine has a nifty visual giving us a plethora of hearty, bold, unusual and varied salad combinations that have basic ingredients, will satisfy your palate, and inspire your creative inner salad chef to come out and play regularly. Eat the salad alone, pair with a sandwich, soup or an entree of choice and voila–breakfast, (well listen, it’s the first meal of the day–no rules on what the meal has to be), lunch or dinner is served! Bon appetite!

Source: Salad hacks via Prevention; courtesy of Daily Infographic

image

Room A203: Top 31 Recipes of 2015

Hello BCU Family!

For those of you who want to eat a little differently this year, at the end of this post, there is a link that has some pretty nifty vegan recipes!

For those of you who are not ready to commit to a vegan lifestyle (that includes ME at the moment), this is a good way to dip your toe in the vegan water, do a meatless challenge for a bit, or change up what you normally consume. There is NOTHING wrong with adding a little variety in your diet!

We have plans to cover this in a future post, but yes, your eating habits are important to your spiritual life/the ministry (ushering, teaching, preaching, singing, et cetera) God has entrusted you with. Why? Because if you are not eating well on a consistent basis, you likely are not feeling well, not moving around well, and likely not representing ¬†Christ or ministering ¬†in the best possible way. Now, sometimes our illnesses, aches and pains can be for reasons other than dietary–that is a different story. What we want to do with the help of the Lord to balance our goody consumption (myself included) with good, whole foods so we can #StayOnTheWall for the Lord. Amen? Amen!

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s (I Corinthians 6:20).

If this post was a blessing to you, please give us a thumbs up, share, comment and subscribe! God bless you and thank you for stopping by!

Year in Review: Top Vegan Recipes of 2015 on Healthy Happy Life by Kathy Patalsky

Source: Top 31 Recipes of 2015