Hey there BCU Family!
Typically, you have the option of listening to our podcast, reading the notes or both. For this post, because of the informal format, please tune into the podcast recording and refer to the written post for the highlights. We pray the post blesses and encourages you. If so, please thumbs up AND leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the post!
- A few years ago, the Lord led to start a *BCU YouTube channel where we did an in-depth study on a word or phrase from the Scriptures.
- The Lord led me to share the audio/video on the word “pride”.
- Pride [zadon in Hebrew] means to “boil” up, to be arrogant or high-minded.
- The sin of pride is a chosen disposition that only cares about one’s own feelings or situation.
- Left unchecked, pride will keep us living in a frequent visitor in a state of offense.
- Walking in humility and forgiveness how the Lord wants us to live our lives.
Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom (Proverbs 13:10).
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18).
But when his [Nebuchchadnezzar’s] heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him (Daniel 5:20).
A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit (Proverbs 29:23).
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world (I John 2:16).
So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses (Matthew 18:35).
So BCU Fam, what do you think about our topic du jour? Is forgiveness easy for you? What about walking in humility when being offended? Are we replaying situations that keep is living in a state of offense? Let’s talk about it in the comments section below!
In the meantime, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter , and Instagram! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!
*I know, I have not uploaded a video in a LONG time. I’m hopeful to get back to the videos–I miss doing them! 🙂