Hey there BCU Family!
Typically, you have the option of listening to our podcast, reading the notes or both. For this post, because of the informal format, please tune into the podcast recording and refer to the written post for the highlights. We pray the post blesses and encourages you. If so, please thumbs up AND leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the post!
- Previously, we’ve talked about foolishness and identified different types of foolish people. Today, we’ll focus on wisdom.
- Wisdom has MANY benefits; we are focusing on seven (7) of them.
- Wisdom is the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting.
- Knowledge is information gained through experience, reasoning, or acquaintance.
- Understanding having the power of comprehension; achieve a grasp of the importance or explanation of something.
- God set us up to be victorious in this life. That doesn’t mean we won’t have challenges, but if we are listening to His wisdom, we’ll come always be in His perfect will, hence, our decisions will be perfect. Perfect doesn’t mean without troubles, rather we are walking in God’s perfect will for our lives.
1. Powerful decision-making ability
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding (Proverbs 4:7).
2. Soul-love and goodness
He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good (Proverbs 19:8).
3. Life and favor
For whoso findeth me findeth life and shall obtain favour of the Lord (Proverbs 8:35).
4. Better than money
How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver! (Proverbs 16:16).
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom and the man that getteth understanding (Proverbs 3:13).
My son, eat honey because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to your taste:So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward and thy expectation shall not be cut off (Proverbs 24:13-14).
7. Keeps you as you age
Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. (Proverbs 19:20).
So, how do you get this wisdom?
For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. (Proverbs 2:6).
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him (James 1:5).
BCU Fam, do you see the benefits of choosing wisdom over foolishness? Going the wise route may not be popular, comfortable or make sense, especially if we are comparing what God told is with the world’s “wisdom” which is full of bitterness, strife and confusion. In fact James 3:13-16 reminds us that type of wisdom does not come from God, but is earthly, sensual (based on self and its desires apart from God’s word), and devilish! With God’s help, I want to stay away from making choices that have those three connotations. Anything that is earthly, self-seeking and devilish does not set us up for the rewards of making good choices here AND will cause us to miss Heaven. NO thanks!
I opt for widsom! How about you?
Please share your musings in the comments section the BlenCouragesU.com website and we can continue our chat!
As we wrap up, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!