Hey there BCU Family!
Typically, you have the option of listening to our podcast, reading the notes or both. For this post, because of the interview format, please tune into the podcast recording and refer to the written post for the highlights. We pray the post blesses and encourages you. If so, please thumbs up AND leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the post!
- Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time (StopBullying.org).
- More than one out every five students reported being bullied (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2016).
- According to Focus on the Family, Many children/teens are reluctant to report what has happened to parents or school officials…”because of a conviction that nothing can be done about it, lack of confidence that teachers or administrators will take effective action and (most importantly) fear of retaliation”.
- Bullying is NOT a godly characteristic–and MUST be fought spiritually and God’s explicit directions followed.
- We also must teach our children NOT bully other children as well.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust (Matthew 5:44-45).
The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever He will (Proverbs 21:1).
Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. (Psalm 3:1-4).
So BCU Youth Squad, have you ever been the victim of bullying? How have you dealt with it? I was bullied as a teen and God gave me the victory—my story is here. Or maybe you are/were the bully? Are you ready to give up your bullying ways? Let’s talk! Please head down to the comments section to share your thoughts with Micah, Mari, Jaz and The Professor–they will be delighted to hear from you!
In the meantime, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!