Hey there BCU Family!
Typically, you have the option of listening to our podcast, reading the notes or both. For this post, because of the interview format, please tune into the podcast recording and refer to the written post for the highlights. We pray the post blesses and encourages you. If so, please thumbs up AND leave a comment! Thank you and enjoy the post!
- God has blessed all mankind, but especially women with attributes like knowledge, tenacity and virtue (See Proverbs 31:9-31).
- Very often, women can be beguiled into saying and doing things that do not line up with the Word of God (See Genesis 3).
- Because we serve a wise God, He wants women to walk in the wisdom, knowledge, instruction and understanding that He gives us.
- So, we must understand not only what a silly woman is, but what to look out for, so we do not fall for the “okie-doke”.
- We also want to be sure we are not walking in the ungodly attributes Paul lists in 2 Timothy 3.
- Previously, we the why of the post along with verses 1 & 2. Then we took an in-depth look at verse 3 and then onto verse 4. Last time, we talked through verses 5, 6, & 7. Let’s overview all verses including 8 and 9!
2 Timothy Chapter 3 (KJV)
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their’s also was.
So BCU Family once again, I have to confess that this subject is not one that is comfortable. No one wants to be or admit that they are silly–it can feel like an putting down of women, if not viewed in the right way. Truth be told, when we look at the news, around the lives of our friends and family and even ourselves, many women have been or are are still being held captive.
We’re here to expose the enemy so we can avoid and escape captivity in the freeing and POWERFUL name of Jesus! If you or someone you know need prayer or encouragement on this topic, please send and email to Blen@BlenCouragesU.com (subject line: Silly Women) or send a private message to any of the BCU social media accounts (listed below). If these posts have resonated with you or you have thoughts to share, please head down to the comments section to share your thoughts so we can continue our conversation!
Finally, if you have not subscribed to BlenCouragesU.com, please do so! It’s free and a good place to get the encouragement, inspiration and information based the Word of God! Additionally, you can also see what we are up to on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! You can also listen in and subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher Radio , Google Play, and Apple podcasts!
Thank you SO much for stopping by. God bless, keep and make His face to shine upon you as you #StayOnTheWall!